Jul 12, 2008

Kansas City Vacation

Well we have made it back from our vacation and let me tell you we had a blast. We left home around 2:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning and arrive at Cabala's in Kansas City at 5:30. I was surprised that the kids did not sleep, but maybe 1 1/2 down. We found out that Cabala's did not open until 9:00, so we asked the kids if they were hungry and they of course said yes. They wanted to eat at a McDonald's and I said no. I had to explain to them that we are on vacation and we were going to eat at places that we don't get to eat at here at home. So we found an I Hop and it was so good, but for us to eat there it cost us $35.35. OMG right.

We got to Cabala's around 9 and did not leave there until 12. That was a neat store to spend the morning in. The kids had a blast looking at all the animals in the building. I must say that I had the time of my life looking too. We left there and went and got us lunch then it was off to find a motel. When we arrived at the motel we got settled in and all of us took a nap before the game. The game started at 7:10 and we wanted to be there by 6:30 to see all what goes on before and get settled in our seats. Needless to say our sits were not the best but we had a blast. The game was a good one, it was the Royals vs. the White Sox. They played 13 innings and the Royal lost but it was fun to watch. We arrived back at the motel around 11:30 or so and let me tell you we were all tired and ready for the bed.

The next morning we got up and headed for the zoo. We arrived at the zoo at 10:00 and walked every inch of the zoo. The kids were so amazed at all the animals and wanted to go back and see more. I think some of the animals we seen more the once. The got to watch the elephant show and a seal show. They were full of questions and I could not believe but they did ask questions themselves. If you know my kids they are not the bravest when it comes to asking strangers questions. So I was proud of them.

The trip home I figured that they would sleep all the way after the walk around the zoo, but NO. I think Lane slept a half hour and Allison never did sleep. They talked about the whole trip all the way home. We arrived back in Kirksville at 7 and decided to eat supper in Kirksville. So by the time we got home we were all ready for a shower and bed. All in all I would have to say that it was a great trip and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

This was something that we as a family needed to do after all that has happened to us. We are looking already for next years vacation. I have posted all of the pictures on facebook if you are interested in looking at our trip. Well most of them anyways. Have a great week and weekend.

No comments: