Dec 17, 2008

What a Relief

I am a nervous wreck right now. I have just come home from a fire at my grandpa's house. He is fine, but he lost his machine shed and everything inside of it. When I heard the page over the scanner it just said a structure fire at the Don Falkiner's resident. Can you image I scared I was. I had the kids here with me and they heard the page too. Allison started crying and saying "I don't want me Grandpa to die." I had to reassure her that he was not. Thank God that it was not his house. Also thank God for wonderful friends and in-laws. Everyone was so willing to take my kids for me, but the in-laws came up and sat with them in the vehicle. I am so impressed with everyone that helped in saving the house. The Queen City and Greentop Fire Departments are wonderful.

We made arrangements for him to go spend the night in Kirksville. We have a bad storm heading in tomorrow, so I am hoping that we get him back home before it hits. I guess he might have to stay done there if they don't get his electricity hooked back up. I want to say again how thankful I am to God for looking out for my Grandpa. He was very lucky tonight. The fire did melt all the siding on the house garage and part of the roof on the garage, but again it could have been much worse.

I will post more later.

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i am glad that he is ok. like you said it could have been a lot worse. if you need anything let me know!

Andrea Frederick said...

Wow! I'm glad he is o.k. Good luck getting everything back into shape!